ARC Welders AC 440V 60Hz
- ARC Welders AC 440V 60Hz is most broadly used in shipboard maintenance and repair welding .
- In welding two pieces of metal together ,an electric arc is established the end of the coated electrode and the base metal in the joint.
- When the electric arc is struck between the tip of the electrode and the work piece ( Base Metal), molten droplets from the electrode are transferred to and mixed with the molten metal in joint .
- As the arc progresses along the joint the molten weld metal cools and solidities forming a strong ,integral bond in the joint.
- ARC Welder converts shipboard power – Usually 220 ,380 or 440 volts,alternating currents (AC) to an output in the form of AC ( Transformer ) Or DC ( Rectifier ) Current.
- Typical welding currents may range from 80 to 400 amperes at rated load voltages of 22 to 36 volts .
- Most electrodes used for shipboard maintenance welding operate at less than 200 amperes . So a current output of 400 amperes will suffice for most carbon arc applications .
- The output AC/DC type will be more flexible and better suited to a wide range of conditions .